20 May 2018

Mother's Day

Last Sunday was Mother's day.  It's nice to be recognized during service, and Billy did the cooking, but this year Emily and William were so excited to give me their gifts from school!

William packed a "breakfast" with an orange, tea bag, granola bar, oatmeal packet and Hershey kiss. It was very sweet.  Emily made me a booklet about "why I love mom" and her illustrations are really sweet.



At mops we potted succulents to keep or give away.  My mom is not much of a plant person, so I added it to my window sill, as well as the one gifted to me by another mom at my table. = )


Now it's green inside and outside!

Billy bought me a very pretty earring and necklace set*!  The necklace is perfect, the earrings were heavy for me, since I don't wear them everyday, so I'll need to work my way up to them. = )


And my sister, Sarah, rounded up my children and they cleaned out, washed and detailed my car!


I think it worked out pretty well.  All 5 started out helping, Alice left first, then the twins were sent in when it was time to go to the car wash, and once they were all done "helping" Aunt Rocky finished the job in peace. = )  It was so hard to get into the next day, in the rain, and get it dirty again = (  Winters up here get the car far dirtier than it every did in Texas!

Speaking of Texas, Avia was visiting Haley for mother's day, so I haven't gotten to give my mom her mother's day gift yet.  (so I'm not posting it just yet.)

Emily found some dolphin décor for Enisi:


And we mailed her a card with a picture, that came back, so we had to resend, so it arrived late. = (


And Billy took a ton of pictures of the 6 of us, but this was the best we could muster.  The nice thing about pictures, is that sometimes they get better with age.  I'm hoping this is one of those. = )


It was a fantastic day.  I'm so thankful for each of the people in my life who made me feel special!

later days

*The set is really pretty, I just haven't made time to take a better picture, and it's becoming less and less likely.  But, a less than ideal picture is better than no picture. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment