24 May 2019

Ending the MOPS Year, and Other Brief Moments From Spring.

Next year is my final year that I will be eligible for MOPS (and I'm out of room* on my cabinet door.)  I am saddened by this thought, but the reality is that my woes are drastically different now that they are all going to school.  Our group is planning to put those of us with "older" children together at a table next year, for which I am very grateful. = )


At our meeting, the theme was MOPSCARS, and everyone on the steering team worked so hard to make it happen.  Lots of awards, kind words and small gifts were presented.


It was an opportunity for all of us to get dressed up (or not) and celebrate!



I also received a new member into my plant family, as a table leader gift.  Please meet Ward. = )


My award was for being thriftiest and giftiest (I don't actually remember the wording.)  And, I scored all the chocolate.  (Here she is Jessica!)


In our museum membership newsletter, they printed a list of requested donation items for their think tank.  I had a box full after my garage sale, so last week the twins, Avia and I headed over there to drop them off.  I asked if the girls wanted to go in an play for a little while.  Juliet was quick to respond "no, a long while!"

So, Avia and Juliet paired off, as well as me and Grace.  We spent a couple of hours playing and learning in depth.




I was letting William look at a picture that I had taken, and he started taking other pictures.  I really enjoy looking at the pictures that Alice and Emily took on the little camera in Houston, so I thought I might like to see this one in the future too.


The twins intentionally dressed as identically as possible in an effort to fool their teachers.  I can tell them apart with ease, even without their glasses on. But if they were to trade glasses I would be hard pressed to sort them out quickly. ; )



We counted out how many cookies Avia would get by our family rule. (age/4 +1)  It was quite a pile.  And on her next birthday she'll get one more!


William wanted the toilet paper box, so he was responsible for putting away the toilet paper.  He did a decent job, at least they were all in the bathroom.


And my final and newest picture of the night, Hat Day.


We still have 3 jam-packed weeks of school left, but I know it will fly by.  Anxiously awaiting our summer, such that it is.

later days

*I feel like my very first year in MOPS either they didn't sent out a printable, or I neglected to keep it.  This next year should be my 7th year in MOPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment