04 August 2019

Coyt and Cali Come to Visit

At the end of Emily's visit to Texas, Coyt and Cali came back with her and Avia.  Since my vehicle has a max occupancy of 8, Avia had to meet us anywhere that we ventured during the week.  I was so happy to have my Emily back!  She and Cali were joined at the hip almost the entire week!

On Monday Avia came over.  While I went to pickup my grocery order, She walked with them all down to the ice cream shop and then played in the river at the park.

On Tuesday we didn't go anywhere, they just had a fun time playing at the house.


William thoroughly enjoyed having Coyt around.


And Emily, Alice and Cali spent hours coming up with fun games.



Before we ventured out to the museum on Wednesday, I had a counter full of colorful sandwich containers.


Eating outside at the museum is way more fun than eating at home. = )











We went later in the day than we normally go, they had a great time.  But, when it was time to leave no one was quite ready.

Pre back to school haircuts were on my agenda for the big girls, and it was also on Haley's list for Cali.  So, while my mom took the others home, we stopped in for a trio of haircuts.


Alice and I go round and round in the morning about her hair.  So, when she said that she wanted to chop it off, I said go for it!  She looks very grown up with the new style, but we are both much happier people when it comes to brushing her hair. = )



A selfie that she sent to avia from my phone.


Cali and Emily made us some tasty decorated cupcakes for dessert.  They actually lasted 2 nights!


The next morning, we made the offer to return to the museum or go to the zoo, and almost everyone voted to return to the museum. This time, we were there when they opened.



They were holding a special craft lab, and everyone took a turn making some art pieces to bring home.





Avia had a prior commitment, so for a few hours it was just me and the seven children.  I told the 4 older ones not to leave the top floor.  Cali took on the responsibility of watching Grace.  I didn't see them for a while, but when I tracked them down, they were having a good time. = )



That left me watching William and Juliet.  They were content enough to stay together and spend extra time doing things they hadn't in a while.


When Avia came back, she took a crowd back down to the craft zone.


At 4pm, I told them that we were done for the day.  After a day and a half, I think they were content to leave. = )

 

"Take our picture! We're mermaids!"


On Friday, I was in full murder mystery mode, so Avia took the crew back down to the river, but this time in their swimsuits.

We didn't travel about quite as much as when Elizabeth came up, but I think we spent just as much time out having fun!  They flew out early Saturday morning, so they stayed the night at Sarah's house.

I enjoyed having them, and I know my children loved spending precious time with their cousins.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment