This morning we were all up early, ready to start a new school year! Alice and Emily had so much time they were able to knock out their piano practice before school.
Alice was protesting because I kept asking her to put back on her glasses.
We always walk on day one, and will probably walk the rest of this week at least. I carried the water bottles in a backpack of my own, so that their bags were a little lighter. They had delivered most of their supplies to the school at the open house.
Since William is starting first grade, he received his schultüte this year!
The twins were the first two ready, so they had time for some extra pictures. I apologized to their current, possibly temporary, teacher this morning; Grace and Juliet decided to be twins (lol.) Matching dresses, pants, socks and shoes. At least they had on name tags?
Singing the twentieth round of Itsy Bitsy Spider for the morning.
At the school, the big girls and William lined up and were ready for a great day. Juliet was brave and followed her teacher, but Grace almost made me cry. She was in absolute tears, and when I picked her up I could feel her sobbing in my arms. = ( One of the specialist and I finally convinced her to go down and say hi to William.
I caught the specialist in the hall later, and she said that the tears had abated by the time that they made it down the hall. I didn't dare go peek, but hopefully she had an awesome day! They had a boo hoo & woo hoo reception after drop off. It was nice to chat with some other moms to take my mind off of leaving. This was the first first day of school, ever, that I left by myself.
On that note, it's now time to go pick up my dear ones!
later days
Some outtakes from this morning:






No comments:
Post a Comment