15 August 2020

2nd Week of August

Today was the 155th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was supposed to be 87F.

Today I finished and submitted my grocery order.  It's weird, since Monday has been my grocery day for soooo long.  But Monday we will be doing pictures and schultueten, so I want to leave the extra time for that.

I convinced Billy to sand the wall, with his new power sander, so that I could paint it before the school year began.

I ended up making a run to home depot, because when I opened the paint we bought (the first month or so that we lived here) rust fell into the paint. = (  It wasn't nearly as packed as I would have thought, at least for a Saturday afternoon.  And on my trip there I observed that Creyts road is reopened and smooth!

Since Grace helped me tape before I left, all I had to do was wipe the wall and roll on the paint.  It didn't take long at all!


We had tacos for dinner with tomatoes from our tiny garden and lettuce from the farmer's market!

Once the day was mostly spent, I finished it off with a few episodes of Supernatural.

I added a few extra canned items and dry beans to the list for our emergency storage.  The USPS is undergoing some scary (at least according to the untrustworthy media) changes, and life is so uncertain right now.  I am trying not to worry, and I hope November 3rd can just stay a normal day and not be the beginning of the end of life as we know it.

-------

154th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 87F.

Alice got to say goodbye to Osage during an early playground playdate.  Juliet was the only other one awake enough to want to come, but was sad that Osage's little sister was not there to play with.  A bee spooked Alice after about thirty minutes, so we left earlier than we thought we would.

Billy went to the doctor and brought home Taco Bell for lunch.

I found an outdoor rummage sale advertised a few weeks ago, and was excited to shop as soon as Billy got home.  It's the only one I've seen this year.  Granted, I've not been driving around as much to see if there are other sales, and there are probably fewer since they would need to be held outside.

I found a couple of books from our list and some embroidery supplies for our handicrafts!  I also got a birthday present for one of my nieces and some shirts for Avia's consideration.



For dinner we had General Tso's Chicken and rice.

We finished off the day with Kim Possible and Bueno Nachos.



-------

153rd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 86F.

I had everyone get up and out the door two hours earlier than Emily's dentist appointment, because my car needed an oil change.  We us a family place down in Mason, which is at least in the right direction, but a little out of the way. There was no wait at all, so we were very early for her appointment.

The Scooby Doo disk that William picked would not play, and when I inspected it, it was really roughed up!  Not scratches, but white pits or decay (?) under the plastic.  I've never seen a cd with that kind of damage.  Thankfully, optimistic Grace saved the day by bringing a Hello Kitty disk that no-one else wanted to watch.  It's amazing how quickly they went from "no" to "yes" when it was the only game in town.



Emily's appointment felt really long, and the kids were bored.  Billy had his own appointment today, or I would have happily left the crew home with him.

We got word today that Billy's company is going to start bringing people back in at the beginning of October. = (  I will miss him being here with us all the time.

And this afternoon William was treated to an end of summer ice cream treat from his first grade teacher.  We sat 6 feet apart in the park across from the ice cream shop and William got to read to her and show her how much he has improved this summer.  I am devastated that the twins are going to miss out on her next year.  Even though I know that homeschooling is the best answer for our family i find myself focusing on "what should have been" versus the reality of "how it will be."


Saying goodbye was hard for both of us.

For dinner we had quesadillas and farmers market finds (tomatoes, squash, blueberries, chips and queso.)

I organized the new books that came in, and labelled the binders that Sarah sent over.

-------

152nd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 86F.

We walked down to get William a professional haircut from the barber.  Billy was only about halfway through his 2nd quarantine haircut when he just could not finish, so his hair has been looking rough for a few weeks now.

Before (grumpy boy:)


After (happy boy:)



I ironed out a few other things in my lessons for next week, then went to a different thrift store in search of book and Christmas gifts.

For dinner we had chicken and cheese flatbread sandwiches.  They were well received considering they were 'microwave' dishes.

-------

151st Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today is 83F.

Billy was up early again, to get blood drawn, since yesterday they skipped his turn, and I needed to get to the grocery store.  (I offered to take the kids, but he kindly went back today instead, so that we could all have a little easier of a morning.)

Before my dentist appointment, I bagged up the first 12 weeks worth of science materials!  I was impressed by the curriculum, since it had both a master list as well as cards to help group each experiment ahead of time! It only took me an hour or so, since I've been rounding up things from the master list since the spring.


My dentist appointment was short, and I headed straight to the thrift store from there.  I scored a few books from the list, and a few other books of interest.  I also bought a few things for our handiwork time in the afternoon.  I might have purchased a few more Christmas gifts and dropped them by Sarah's.  Maybe.

Then, when I arrived home, we got a brain teaser book in the mail from Aunt Wanda!

For dinner we had beef and broccoli with rice.

------

150th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today is 88F.

Billy was up early, fasting and heading to get his blood drawn for an upcoming doctor's appointment.

Once he returned home, I headed out to pick up a Kroger order and then off to Sam's for another order.  Thankfully Sam's delivers many of the items that we eat, which has helped me space out my trips further.  This was probably the final trip until Avia returns, since we are starting school next Monday.

I was able to go to the dentist and have my temporary cemented back in place (for the next 24 hours.)

The afternoon was reserved for finalizing our school schedule and making sure I had every book that I needed for the entire first week ready to go.  I also made sure that I have all the links we need to videos saved on the tablet.


For dinner, Grace requested the hot dog spaghetti squid.  I told her that was fine as long as she helped me make them.  When Juliet came over to ask what we were having for dinner I told her, but then asked "where's Grace?" It turns out, Grace had gone into her room and fell asleep under her bed.  ::sigh:: But, Juliet picked up the torch and helped me make the squid for dinner. = )

------

149th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today was 90F.

After online church, I disassembled our summer schedule supplies to fit them in with our school materials for next year.  The masking tape color is the child, and then I labeled them with subject.  Sarah is printing off the remaining pages, so I have 5 outstanding binders, and then I think we are ready to go.




The folders match the tape color, except for William.  His sleeves are clear, since the multipack didn't have red (only pink.)


That pile of "stuff" in the back, that's for our science!!

I still need to assemble everything for the first week, to make 100 percent sure that we are good to go.  In between doctor appointments this week, that is my goal, is to get all my materials prepared and ready to roll!

Emily, William, Grace, Juliet and I played Uno tonight.  William won.

For dinner we had soup and leftover pizza.  My mouth is really hurting me where my temporary crown is being held less than ideally in place by the denture paste.

I finished the second book in the Dresden Files

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment