169th Day of Quarantine.
The high today was 76F. It was a cool morning.
After a lovely sleep in, I made my way to an estate sale on the edge of town. They had so much to look at, I spent quite a time collecting my treasures. = )
When I returned, Billy went to Menards for some supplies for our basement door project, and grabbed lunch for us all (from three different places!)
I spent the afternoon making a prototype window mask (I don't care for it much and will need to make a new design completely. Trying to put a window in the mask style that I've been making did not look as good as I would like. I also put together a small package for Alex, Blake and baby John. I feel really out of the loop when it comes to newborn stuff, is embroidery even in vogue any longer?
For dinner I cleaned out the refrigerator and reheated leftovers.
------
168th Day of Quarantine.
The high today was 85F.
Our nature exploration was cut a little short when the thunder started rumbling.
Juliet was our first math "review" finisher! She worked through all of the Kindergarten material in the past 3 months, and will start 1st Grade Monday. I bought each of them a special stuffed animal as an incentive, and she was very excited to claim hers!
After school, I needed to take the medicine box delivery to be recycled at FEDEX. While I was up that way I went to the bank and thrift shop. I didn't find any school books, but found a few things of interest.
For dinner we had Chick fil A, since I was in the area.
------
Today is the 167th Day of Quarantine.
The high was 91F.
The tooth fairy had a rough night trying to exchange money and teeth, under the waking eyes of two watchful children. whew.
I walked down to the farmer's market to buy some tasty treats.
For dinner we had beef with broccoli and rice.
--------
We are living through the 166th Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today was 87F. It was a cool morning while several storms blew through, making our drive back from Ann Arbor very rainy.
William and I were up and out the door before 6:30 to make it to his 8am dentist appointment. They capped one of his back teeth, and then extracted the baby tooth on the top. I didn't realize that they were removing it (they said they were going to "wiggle it" but I didn't expect the extraction. Poor little boy was brave, but couldn't hold it together any longer once he saw me. Sadly, we have to do it again next week for the other side. Luckily, the appointment is a little later.
During geography, they discussed a compass, so I broke out the one that I had. William thought it was a nifty device.
While Alice and Emily were doing science this afternoon, Alice lost a tooth! So now, we have two teeth and only one pillow. Talk about unlikely scenarios.
For dinner I made faijitas. Sadly, I missed the expiration on my premade chicken by just a few days, so I ended up defrosting and cooking them from scratch. They were still pretty good, just took longer than planned.
------
We are currently at 165th Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today is 84F.
Regular school day, playdoh and Alice in Wonderland in the afternoon.
Emily's siblings fanned her while she practiced the piano.
For dinner we had hamburger helper and corn.
It's harder to identify the twins from their reflection alone! This is Grace.
------
Today is the 164th Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today is 91F.
School went on as planned. I worked in the afternoon on math with William, using M&Ms since the morning work was so frustrating for him. I think it worked a bit.
Emily cleaned out her computer, and before she recycled her 200+ bearcat tickets, played in them for a while.
For dinner we had teriyaki chicken and rice.
-----
Today is the 163rd Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today is 88F.
Billy got most of the new basement door assembled. I'll do the painting, and then he will do the install!!
Setting up for the week was quicker than last week, since we are using many of the same books, and I already have a (mostly) working schedule in place. = )
For dinner we had personal mini pizzas.
------
later days







No comments:
Post a Comment