The high today was 86F.
Emily's replica arrowheads came in today! She ended up with 50 of them, but sorted them by color and size and didn't seem to mind. = )
For dinner we had a platter of meat cheese with chips.
My temporary crown came off yesterday (this is the first time I've ever had this happen!) I went on a walk to Carl's to get some Fixodent, since it is a weekend and my appointment is not until Tuesday.
We watched some episodes of Supernatural, and Billy was interviewed for a game that he is playing online.
-------
Today was the 147th Day of Quarantine.
The expected high today is a pleasant 82F.
I started my morning by walking down to a garage sale here in town. I only spent two bucks, but got a couple of glass storage containers for Sarah, a length of pretty purple fabric (not that I need any,) and a pointless arrow for Emily and I to mimic when we make our own.
The kids finished up their art this week with origami. William did track down his star in time for the picture. = )
Alice made an elephant in pajamas, Emily a butterfly, William (and I) made a ninja start, Grace made a paper doll house, and Juliet made a swan. = )
When I came home, everyone was awake and it was time to finish up our summer schooling schedule! Next week I'll be prepping all of our materials for us to start on the 17th!!!
We finished most of everything, and loaded up to go pick up summer reading prizes! = ) The kids enjoyed their trinkets (and I really liked my chocolate and stainless steel straw. The books were a nice variety, and we added a new Fly Guy to our collection.
Sarah came over to mow the lawn.
For dinner we are having mac and cheese.
We watched several episodes of Kimd Possible. Then I found that The Princess Bride was also on Disney plus, so Grace and I watched that too. = )
-------
Today was the 146th Day of Quarantine.
Today's high was only 78F.
William throwing the "ninja" star he made in art this week (origami.) It is currently MIA which makes me sad, since I was going to have an "art show" at the end of summer so that they could see all of their lovely creations in one post!
After our summer schedule this morning, I headed out to the thrift store that was closed on Tuesday. They were still having their sale, and they were picked pretty clean. I found out that they have moved to a new location. (whew.)
I returned to the thrift shop I went to on Tuesday and tracked down a book I had seen, from next year's booklist (just in case.)
Then I went to the new location of the VoA and was wowed by the size. It is so massive! I found 2 more titles from the book list, some for our series and a few other fun books. I also got a few treasures for Christmas for the kids.
I grabbed a late lunch from Chick Fil A then dropped off the presents at Sarah's so that I don't have to find a hiding spot in my house. = )
Billy, Alice, Emily and I worked through lots of the puzzles in Eight Ate: A Feast of Homonym Riddles. Family time doesn't always look like my preconceived notion. ; )
For dinner we had spaghetti and meatballs.
------
145th Day of Quarantine.
The high today was a slightly warmer, but still very cool 75F.
The summer reading program at the library officially ends Saturday, and I've scheduled a Friday pickup time for our prizes. One of the activities worth some points was an Impressions 5 science experiment. So, after finishing up our summer lesson this morning, Emily and I poured a cup of water, clear soda, vinegar, milk and cranberry juice, then dropped a tums in each.
The experiment was supposed to represent how drinks affect the calcium in your teeth. Vinegar was by far the quickest to dissolve, followed by Soda, then Juice, next Milk and the least aggressive was water.
For dinner we are having baked ziti.
-----
144th day of Quarantine.
The high today was an impossibly cold 67F for August.
After we finished our summer activities on the schedule, I went to the thrift store, only to find out that their hours have changed and the are now closed on Tuesdays. = ( So, I went to the smaller, more expensive thrift store at the other end of the shopping center, with all the other people who were thwarted in their shopping expenditure.
I found some transparencies for science (hard to find as they are currently being used in homemade face shields.) I also managed one book from our list, and a handful of others for fun.
When I arrived home, Emily and I walked down to the park to "look for arrowheads." They are discussed in the book she's reading, Brian's Winter, and I thought it would be fun to go search.
Unsurprisingly, we did not find any, but Emily did return home 15cents richer. Which is no small feat in the middle of a national coin shortage.
For dinner we had hamburger helper and
------
Today is the 143rd day of Quarantine.
The expected high today is 75F.
I was out the door early to drop a load of recycling at Sarah's, then a quick trip to Menards to return all of the extra drywall repair that I bought Saturday, then gas and groceries. I rounded out my trip with a run by the bank.
Only Alice and Juliet were awake when I got home, so they had unload the car duty. But, they were the first to see that we got some Dunkaroos this time!
Also, after my 4th call to reschedule WGJs dentist, I finally got them on the calendar for later this month. Sadly, it is the week we start school, but hopefully it will be okay, since it is late afternoon.
------
Today is the 142nd day of Quarantine. I do like to point out every so often that we are currently self imposed with our solidarity, almost everything is reopen now.
The expected high today was 74F.
For at home church, the kids were learning about the parable of the sower, and made some flowers from cupcake liners and pipe cleaners.
We had 'clean out the refrigerator' leftovers for lunch.
For dinner we had teriyaki chicken breasts with rice.
later days













No comments:
Post a Comment