05 September 2020

First week of September

176th Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 77F.

I slept in this morning and it was lovely.

For lunch, Billy picked up Arby's.  

Billy and I started burning the basement door, but even at 3 hours of fire and heat, we just got it started before the rain moved in.


For dinner we had teriyaki chicken with rice.

Enisi took Alice to pick up a 'birthday' cake so that she could celebrate with her too.



She picked a peanut butter ice cream cake. = )

-------

175th Day of Quarantine.

73F was the exceptionally cool high for the day.

This morning before we started school Emily, Grace and Juliet all matched up their outfits.  I had them get dressed today since I knew that the Crockers were on their way.


They actually arrived just as we finished our morning routine.  Since it was Friday, we had a lot of one on one activities (dictation and narration.)  So, Brenda got to spend some time with those who were not 'testing.'

As soon as we finished our day, Brenda took the kids for ice cream, and I went out to run some errands.  My first stop was dollar tree, then I failed an attempt at buying some ten dollar roblox gift cards at game stop, then we went to 5 below, my next stop was Target, I collected lots of goodies for the kids' Halloween morning.  My final shopping stop was Menards to get a second hinge for the basement door, but sadly they were out of the one we needed.  On my way home I found 2 garage sales and picked up a few treasures. = )

We had pizza for dinner, because we need a pizza box for science next week.

Enisi, Grace and Juliet snuggled up and watches some videos, since they wore Enisi out pretty quickly after her long, straight trip up here.


-------

174th Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today was 85F.

We started the day on time, and enjoyed a typical start to the day.  As soon as they finished handwriting practice, it was time to rush.

William and I loaded up and were on the road by 9:15.  We didn't hit any traffic slow downs, except for the 5 or 6 vehicles that were pulled over by the state police along our route.  I guess extra patrols are out with the upcoming Labor Day holiday weekend.

We arrived with a scant 10 minutes to spare, and I had William chow down on a lunchable since he wouldn't be eating anything solid for several hours.

I remembered to bring William's reading practice with us while we waited for him to be called back, but totally forgot my book.  Thankfully they do have guest wifi in the building, since I get little to no reception and there are no magazines or books to be found.

He was more emotionally prepared this go round, and went back bravely and came out one tooth fewer and another tooth covered.

William watched An American Tail on our trip home, so I've had "There are no cats in America" stuck in my head for the afternoon.  Billy placed a pick up order for us at Wendy's since I promised William a milkshake, but he couldn't use a straw.

We were home just after one.  Once everyone had eaten, we completed our scant afternoon list.  We finished our afternoon reading of Alice in Wonderland 10 minutes before the 4pm electronic ban lifts!  I was so excited, considering we spent a 4 hour chunk of our day on the dentist expidenture!


For dinner, Alice made us tortellini alfredo.  And cleaned the kitchen.  5th grade and up my children plan one meal and cook it once a month.  I am very excited to have 5 fewer meals to create. = )

After dinner, Billy placed and started to install our new basement door!  It looks so much better than it did and I am so impressed that he made it from scratch.

---------

173rd Day of Quarantine.

The expected high today is 81F.  The day started out rainy, but it turned into a pretty afternoon.

For Form I geography today, the little ones made a Lego model of our "classroom."  They did a great job.  The big girls were a little jealous, because the still had to do their map drills.


The rain ended just early enough that they were able to have outdoor recess.  I told them I wanted a picture of all 5, since I hadn't gotten one at all this school year. = )


In our lessons today, we ended up doubling up on Ancient History and Science.  Thankfully, we had a cool experiment, that the big girls enjoyed, and it kind of made up for missing out on the Legos.  Here is Alice showing off her marshmallow and toothpick rhombicuboctahedron.


And, three weeks in, we finally had our first Poetry Tea Time.  We had apple cider tea with a variety of biscuits and some nice poems.




-------

172nd Day of Quarantine.

The high today was 80F.  A thunderstorm blew in late in the afternoon, and cooled everything down. = (

I punched holes on the other side of the paper for my poor little leftie.  So she turns her pages "backwards," but doesn't have the binder rings in the way! ; )



Today, Grace finished her Kindergarten review, so she earned her stuffie!


Adding in the extra subject (in order to make Thursday a shorter day) hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought.  The kids haven't complained, and today we even finished earlier than 'normal!'

I spent an hour or so of my afternoon tying down the Littlest Pet Shop toys that I scored at a rummage sale to a carboard display.  They'll be going to Elizabeth for her birthday in October, but I rarely regret taking care of thing early. = )

They fit perfectly in the box that I had set aside, but I worried about part of them breaking during shipping, so I moved them to a bigger box that I could pad a little bit.  Now the twist ties are facing up, so it doesn't look nearly as good.  Luckily, I've got a few months to think on it and come up with something to make it a little fancier. = )




We are still reading Alice in Wonderland, but only have a few chapters left.  Next Friday I hope we can watch the animated film!

For dinner we had chicken fettucine alfredo.

------

171st Day of Quarantine

The expected high today was 81F.

Today in school the kids did their first picture study: The Last Supper.  I was so impressed at how well the did on their memory drawings!






We squeezed in an extra subject, at the beginning of our "feast" block and it was not too bad.  Hopefully our Thursday will feel nice and light since William and I are making a third trip down to Ann Arbor.

In between morning work and science I ran to Carl's to grab the cream (and a few other things.)

I started cooking the meatloaf at 3pm, since it always takes so much longer to cook than the recipes recommend.  Hopefully it will be ready by 5:30!

------

170th Day of Quarantine

The expected high today is 65F.

After online church I swung by Sarah's to add recycling to her bin.  She had a few ripe tomatoes on her vine that she let me pick to bring home.  After that, I drove down to pick up my grocery order.

Once the groceries were put away, I changed into my 'painting' clothes and burned all the assorted wood pieces that had accumulated in the fire pit.

Billy came out and finished fashioning the door for the basement, then I got to work painting it.  While I had the paint out, I also repainted the ramp and step to the shed.  Sadly, I was out of paint and couldn't paint the side door deck.

We had Chinese for dinner (sweet and sour chicken and chicken low mien) that Billy ordered while I bathed all the babes.

After baths were finished, I made meatloaf to cook for tomorrow, and fried up the rest of the hamburger meet to store in the freezer.

As I was setting up for the week, I found that we did not have the cream (a critical component) for our science project on Monday.  I checked the hours of our local grocery store, but they close at 6pm on Sundays.

-------

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment