21 July 2022

Emily's Ballet Recital

I enjoyed Emily's ballet day, because she was always so excited to go. William and Alice worked more efficiently while I was absent, and I was able to work two on one with the twins.

However, by the end, I was so, so, so ready to be done.  We were getting 4-5 emails a week for the month leading up to the recital, then we had to download an app (for something?)  And then I got a message that she needed a headshot* of Emily for the yearbook.  Luckily, Emily is patient and happy, so it was much less of a hassle than it could have been.

The rehearsal was the only time that we were "allowed" to take video and pictures.  It was on a separate day from either of the performances, which meant three separate trips to Charlotte, and three days of hair and makeup.  


Emily sure looked beautiful though!



After her rehearsal, we were able to meet up with Zoey and her mom and go swimming at the Charlotte Aquatic Center.

And for many, many months Abby, her mom and I were able to keep a surprise for Emily!  Abby came to watch her performance the night I went.  She was so sweet and even brought her purple flowers!!!  Emily was surprised and delighted.



On Friday, Billy took his turn to watch Emily.  Since she was in a single dance (and it was the very first one) the performance felt very long, almost 2 hours, and was becoming a chore to watch by the end. (The older dancers were phenomenal! But the competition solos of the younger girls interspersed throughout the recital felt unnecessary and just made it too long.)  Emily was sad that she couldn't go out and watch once she was done, but they didn't want anyone leaving during the recital.

For me it was an unnecessarily stressful time, but I think overall it was a good experience for Emily. So, we'll label it a win, and know better in the future.  I guess I'm done whining now. lol.

later days 

*She sent us the 'professional' pictures via a group link, with only one of each child (or family) and I was disappointed by the one of my Emily. = (  So, I'm glad that at least the headshot was one of our choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment