As November approached, and my mother was now in Oklahoma, instead of Michigan, I was getting a little worried about who would be able to collect the big girls from school during our quadruple doctor's visit in Grand Rapids. My back up plan had been to use the Eatran, but they didn't run any routes this direction, that time of day, as they were short on bus drivers.
I finally asked my friend Natalie if she would be willing to pick them up. She agreed, and that was the plan. Then, my mom returned sooner than expected, so she did not have to worry about collecting them that day.
With rides arranged, I was able to focus on getting the little ones to their appointments. First up was a follow up visit for the curve in William's spine. We were crazy early, since we left straight from Alice and Emily's school drop off, but they were able to take us back early. After a few xrays, she told us that he had actually improved and that both curves were smaller than they had been! So, she wants to see him back in a year, or if any concerns come up before then!!
I think Juliet had a good time, despite a less than fun task at the beginning of the day. We didn't hear from the doctor (aside from the technical report in her online portal) which to me is an indicator of good news. It's when the doctor calls himself, and promptly, that you have to worry. So, I guess we'll be able to wait another year!
From there, we went to have lunch, and then played.
That still didn't eat up much time, and so we were quite early to the second appointment as well. Sadly, they were booked solid, and were not able to bring us back early. So, we finished the second part of Sonic 2, and got through the first half of Turning Red before we could meet with the Plastic Surgeon.
His assessment was also good news for now, no big changes yet. He wants to continue yearly checkups with them. I was concerned about a lump that seems to be growing on Juliet's head. He ordered a CAT scan for her. I was surprised when we were able to schedule it so quickly. So, about a week later, the day after Thanksgiving, Billy and I accompanied Juliet to a very short appointment.
Since she had to give up part of her break, we decided to do some fun things with just the three of us.
First up was a much busier mall than I had anticipated, despite being black Friday. I guess I'm just so used to empty malls at this point, but the one in Grand Rapids was busy! We found a booth that rents ride on animals, and she had her pick of the litter. (lol)
She and Billy also spent some time in the Arcade.
We were hungry, but skipped out on the Cheesecake Factory, because they too were swamped. We drove out to an adorable town, not too far away, called Lowell. We ate at the brewery there (because many things were closed!) and it was very pleasant.
I think Juliet had a good time, despite a less than fun task at the beginning of the day. We didn't hear from the doctor (aside from the technical report in her online portal) which to me is an indicator of good news. It's when the doctor calls himself, and promptly, that you have to worry. So, I guess we'll be able to wait another year!
later days
edit: backdated for continuity







No comments:
Post a Comment