One of the most impressive museums that I've ever been to is the Michigan History Museum near the Capitol in Lansing.
Alice went when she was in third grade, for an entire week!!! It was something I was excited to visit with each of my children in turn, and we had even paid for Emily's experience, but Covid just wreaked havoc on all of those plans.
In any case, Emily and William would not have been able to go, even had we not homeschooled, but I was excited to revisit the center with the twins this year!
I'd forgotten about the parking line, since their credit card reader doesn't work terribly well. But I got parked and stuck my visitor sticker that I'd grabbed from the school on my lunch. When I went to put my name on it, I didn't turn far enough for my arm to have ample room to write, and sure enough, I became a Crockov just like Alice! lol. It was a cold, slightly wet walk to the door.
My group consisted of both of my girls and Ava.
Beautiful atrium!
I feel like this picture might one day become a checklist. = )
Grace, rocking out.
A vehicle that would fit our family!!!
A Baader-Meinhof moment, when I saw the Victory Garden apron, after Billy and I had just been discussing it the day before!
Juliet:
Grace:
In the group elevator that is bigger than William's room! It's probably the size of our big bathroom, if you pulled out the tub and toilet and sinks and closet!
I have a sweet picture of Alice in this very spot, but our guide was talking and wasn't able to recreate it with the twins.
So clever!
Apparently, a significant amount of wood came from Michigan, when they rebuilt Chicago after their famous fire!
Grace
Juliet in her pink hoodie.
Juliet
We didn't get to do this tour as a group, but it would have been cool to follow each 'story' through the stations, and get a real glimpse of history from a youth's prespective.
Looks like many of the houses in Waxahachie!
This is such a cool museum. I told Billy we need to go on a beautiful Sunday (when it's free entry) so that everyone is out enjoying the weather and we can see the museum as a family!
I still lament the lost trips with Emily and William, but will just have to go as a family, and soon!
later days
edit: written 6-16-23 backdated for continuity.






































No comments:
Post a Comment