When I went out to find Hello Kitty & Ariel cake toppers, I was disappointed to find that they were just paper, I couldn't find any rings or figures like I was after, and they were quite expensive!
So, I relied on my old standby, buy some books and cut them up!
Once I cut out the image, I measured it to some scrap cardstock.
Then, glued it down with a toothpick between the two layers.
Then, cut around the figure one more time!
The picks had different sizes, but it wasn't too terrible. It took me about 3 hours, but saved over $20, for something we were just going to throw away! I was very pleased with the outcome.
The main topper had two sides: ariel on one and hello kitty on the reverse. = ) It also had 2 picks to keep it steady!
Kennedy very sweetly sat at the end of the table (next to the slightly creepy animatronics) because Juliet didn't want to.
They were able to celebrate with so many of their favorite people! Happy birthday to my babies!!!
Juliet used her shirt to catch some of the tickets, so she caught many more than Grace. One of the benefits of going second, I suppose!
It was a fun day of games and cake and friends and food! We're thankful to all those who came out to celebrate with us! = )
later days
you can see pictures of their party from last year here.
edit: written 6-17-23 backdated for continuity.

















No comments:
Post a Comment