This was the first time the twins had the opportunity to celebrate their birthday at school with their friends and so we didn't really know what to do! Since their birthday was on a Sunday, should one of them bring treats on Friday and one on Monday? If they split it up, who got to go first? Did they want to do it together?
Ultimately, we decided on a joint endeavor, the Friday before their birthday. But, we made enough cupcakes that they could each give one to each of their classmates!
I happened to be working that day, so I was able to watch them as they proudly gave some of the extra special ones to some of their favorite staff members (like their kindergarten teacher!) and yours truly also got a special delivery. = )
Saturday night, I took one final picture of my babies as 8 year olds!
Sunday morning everyone woke up ready for Easter and birthday cake for breakfast and ready for all of the excitement of the day! This was the first time that their birthday had fallen on Easter, so I wasn't sure how exactly it would play out, but I think they felt special, despite the day being a shared one!
We had to wait a few weekends before we could celebrate with a party, but I think they enjoyed their special day!!
later days
you can check out pictures from their party here. And Grace's answer to her birthday survey here. And Juliet's answers here. Or see pictures from last year's birthday here.
edit: written 6-17-23 backdated for continuity.










No comments:
Post a Comment