29 April 2018

Kindergarten Roundup

Somehow, William will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.   While I've had no trouble reconciling myself to his "pre-kindergarten" status, Kindergarten just seems so official.

He's been showing all the signs that he's ready, pointing out letters and numbers, getting frustrated that he cannot read things and has to seek help from the big girls, shutting the door when he goes to the bathroom.  So I know he's ready, but it still feels like it happened awfully fast.

In the literature from the school, we were separated into 2 groups, A-L & M-Z.  Sadly, that put our start time at 4:45, which is before Billy gets home.  So, my mom came to watch the girls while I took just William.

They had an adorable photo booth in the entrance:


William and one of his friends were racing, and I was counting them off.  Naturally, we acquired other energetic future kindergartners in our race. = )


At the end of the evening, they allowed the kindergartners to check out the bus, and even took us all for a ride.  


We still have a month and a half left in this school year, but I think he is going to be ready for #williamgarten!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment