20 April 2019

April Snow, and Other Things

On April 15th it snowed. Again. 




According to my blog, it snowed for the first time of the season on November 9th.  That means that we have been getting snow for almost 6 months.  I am not okay.  Send sun, heat, summer and everything else Texas please.

**************

Grace drew a picture of her and Juliet in my belly.  There is a heart by my head because I love them. <3


*********************

Emily read a scripture at Good Friday service. She was the only child, and did a phenomenal job.  She looks so tiny at the podium!


A moving sunset on our trip home from a poignant service.


***********************

My children making a "crockerpillar."


The weather has improved enough (haha, lol, lulz) that the walking bus has started back up.  We are 3/4 of the walks this semester!  Because we have to get out the door 10 minutes earlier than usual, they have to bring their second (or first if they are being pokey) breakfast to eat en route.


It rained on my return trip last Thursday, thankfully, I alone was soaked.

*******************

On our first zoo trip, the twins explored the gift shop and picked out things on which they wanted to spend their birthday cash.  Juliet picked out a super soft, environmentally friendly leopard (or cheetah) that was $27.  I put it on her list, but I am ruthless when it comes to purging toys, and told them that expensive stuffed animals were off the table.

It's hard to enforce that, and I know that if they planned ahead and brought their own cash, it would be sooooo hard to say no.  So, when I found a stuffie for $1 at the thrift store I bought it and presented it to Juliet.  She.loved.it.  The tail is particularly soft.


Grace kept trying to give me a dollar (at random times) to get her one too.  I told her I would search.  I didn't come up with quite as good of a replica, but Sarah found a tiger stuffie later in the week. I was unsure, but Grace's reaction does not leave much room for skepticism.  And hers was only 60 cents.  Now her plan is to buy an umbrella, since hers is defunct.


************************

On Wednesday, the twins don't have school, so we took time to go and get their hair cut.  There are 2 hairdressers here in town, but the barber is the only one open before 9, so that's were we went.

This was their second cut* ever (the first was from the neurosurgeon, when they had their craniotomies.)  They were nervous but did fabulously.

As a treat afterwards, we went down to the café where I thought we could all share a giant cinnamon roll.  Turns out, they opted for toast, since they could slather on their own with jelly.  So, I ended up eating the cinnamon roll.  It was really good; for the record.



Any warmer temperatures would be welcome.  I am so over the cold and gross and snow.

later days

*Technically, Juliet cut her own hair once, and tried to convince Grace to do the same, but I'm not counting that as a true haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment