11 April 2019

What an April!

Aside from celebrating our girls, April has brought some warmer temperatures.  So we've been outside a little more.

This was after pajama day at school, so they did not wear these to bed, for those concerned. = )



Emily and I spent a very cold Thursday, during spring break, cleaning out leaves & sticks and burning all the things!

The weekend following was so lovely that Billy grilled out Sunday afternoon, and I was actually able to read barefoot on the deck!  A sure sign of spring right?


Billy and I went to a fundraising Gala.  We sat at the best table!  It was a fun evening with very good food. = )


For April Fool's day, I flipped the kids' monitor displays.  It didn't seem to phase William.  He's a problem solver!  For dinner we had BBQ sandwiches, and I grated up some apple and doused it with BBQ sauce.  Billy thought it was just 'cold' so he heated it up, and it was still grated apple.  Poor Billy.


My mom found me a replacement 4 top waffle maker!  Going from a 4 count to a 2 count when my old one broke made the process painfully long.  So, I'm happy to be back in the homemade waffle making business again. ; )


The Red Raider basketball team had an amazing season!  They went all the way to the final championship (we lost in overtime = ( ) and beat both Michigan teams along the way!  The MSU Spartans are the local team and we faced off with them in the final 4.  It was a very scary (lol) time to be a Tech fan in Michigan, but William and I ere determined to support our raiders no matter what!


At the beginning of spring break, my mom convinced me to go to the "kids go free" movie day.  We saw "Little Foot" on the very front row.  It was a fun time, the kids did really well, but I was still recovering from my bought of flu (an entire week later!) and it tuckered me out.


Speaking of the flu, Billy was the one who brought me and Emily in.  When he came home from work he took my temperature and it read high (as the thermometer always does.)  I was surprised when the urgent care doctor's office corroborated the temperature closing in on 104F and diagnosed me with Flu A, despite having received the flu vaccine in October. = (  Emily was not diagnosed, but we were both given a regimen of Tamiflu.  Billy went in the next day to get a prescription as well, so that he didn't have to endure what we did.

Emily missed 3/4 days of school the week before break, and my mom stepped in as me for the week, getting them ready for school, taking them and picking them up so that I could rest.  I can't remember the last time I was that ill.

A couple of days before the twins turned 5, Emily lost another tooth!  She wanted to hide her smile for some reason.  Juliet cannot wait to start loosing her teeth.  I'm okay with it taking a while longer.


The twins received a Doc Mcstuffins' dress up outfit and fancy medical kit from the Stepp family for their birthday, and we have all been getting frequent checkups!


Their birthday celebration continued all the way through yesterday afternoon, when they opened their new fancy headphones from the Helterbrands!



After our trip to the zoo, we went up to the school to watch William in his debut Musical performance. He was so excited to have Avia and the twins in attendance (as well as me, I think.) = )


And this morning, April 11th, it snowed again.  Ew.


I am so ready for summer & consistently warm temperatures. I'm tired of coats and snow and layers and the cold!!!!!!!!!!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment