02 July 2019

Binder Park Zoo, As A Family

One Saturday, we loaded up, a little late in the day, and made the trip down to Binder Park Zoo.  We arrived just a few hours before closing, so we didn't have the opportunity to make it through the entire zoo.  We did manage to see a few things that William and I had to skip on previously though.








Prairie Dogs, so exotic!







I think they were pretending to be miners?


We were too late to feed the giraffes, and lots of the animals were restless in anticipation of dinner.  So, they were active, but I would not have wanted to go near the lions!

Everyone saved some of their spending money for the carousel, except for Alice, since she's ridden the carousel "lots of times."  She did want to pose by the impressive Lego giraffe while we waited though.


"Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and they are still terrorizing the ants!


We are already discussing a return trip!

For our return trip, we took the scenic back way, and found a cute little drive-in in the village of Bellevue.




Our order was split into root beer floats & chocolate milkshakes.  We were a few miles down the road (way out in the country) when Emily starts fussing that Juliet dropped her shake and she can't reach it.*  Since there was nothing to be done, we just kept on.  This is before the milkshake fall:


As they were carrying the remainder of the treats and any goodies or trash they'd collected from the day, William accidentally dropped his on the porch.  I gave him a squeegee and a bucket of water.  He probably cleaned the porch for 20 minutes!  Grace wanted to help too, but she was put in charge of water, William continued to man the squeegee.


It is such a fun zoo, and I'm sure all the falling treats will make this trip all the more memorable.

later days

*Emily is so responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment