BATYOT not only is a cool event, but also has prizes up for grabs for filling your passport with 10 & 15 stamps before the end of the month. Before the big kids got out for the summer, Avia, the twins, and I succeeded in collecting our stamps. But once we had the big kids with us again, we worked on theirs.
One of the stamps was in the Meridian Mall. While we were there we redeemed some pretzel coupons that the big girls had earned through the summer reading program, and then headed to the play area.
I was amazed to find that Alice and Emily were both too tall. This happened so fast guys, I swear, it was just a few years ago that Alice couldn't even climb the stairs in the mall play area, and suddenly, she's too big.
So the three of us walked around the mall hunting loose change. lol. They found a dollars worth of quarters under the merry go round, but struggled to get the 4th one. I finally forced them to give up.
Another stop on our Passport collection was the zoo. We didn't actually go visit the animals, as we didn't have much time before the movie started at the library. But we enjoyed the playground and got a few more stamps.
Once everyone had their 15, we went to the office to turn it in. Grace and Juliet had 24 stamps each! They were so ready to be done after all the stops to "get another stamp." = )
I really enjoyed getting to learn more about this capital city, and am excited to be a tourist again next year!
later days






No comments:
Post a Comment