Alice and Emily were making a stop motion video. Grace came to me in tears because the big girls wouldn't let her play. So, Grace and I made our own.
She wanted to use Doc McStuffins, and I grabbed my Dean Winchester figure and they battled the giant rogue pig. Spoilers: they won.
I used some browned bananas for a banana nut loaf. I'm pretty sure Alice ate half of it all by herself!
For my sister's 30th birthday, I transformed a sweatshirt into a bag for her. It was a bit more difficult than I thought, and I ended up with a broken needle halfway through! My machine and I persevered til the end. I went through piles and piles of change and threw in all the money I could find from 1989. It wasn't much.
I also sent her a gift from Amazon that she actually wanted. So hopefully she had a fun birthday!
My 'something you've never made before' on our summer bucket list was an Ouzo cake. I thought it came out pretty tasty, though the directions had a few typos that I've hopefully corrected for the next batch.
Lemon and black liquorice is a weird combination, but it wasn't too bad. It was however very sweet. I may leave out the sugar in the glaze next time.
At least I used up some of the ouzo leftover from our party a year ago!
later days




No comments:
Post a Comment