11 January 2020

January 11th, Billy's Birthday

The very first thing I remember from this morning is William wishing Billy a happy birthday. = )

My mom sent me a message this morning that they had a tiny bit of ice in Texas.


At the same time, we had nothing on the ground!


But, the weather today is cooooooooold.  It has been grey and wet all day.  The current temperature is 33F, but we now have a layer of ice covering the deck.  The roads still look okay, but we are expecting some pretty adverse driving conditions overnight.


Grace was asking me for pancakes before I even made it out of bed, so we had some pancakes for breakfast. = )

I knocked out a project this morning. Organizing/tying/labelling the cables into micro USB and USB-C.  My children have a hard time finding the cable they want, at 10pm (bedtime) during the breaks, hopefully this will help. Before & after.



Emily and I also worked on some party components for the end of the month.  = )  The napkins are acrylic paint (applied with a stencil) the plates have gold vinyl stickers.


We got a package of books & video (CDs) from my mom.  The kids were excited to watch Hello Kitty & Scooby Doo Videos.  She also added 2 books to William's collection of Scooby Doo books.


I keep a picture of our collections on my phone, so that I can know whether or not we have a particular book.  I also send it to my mom so that she can check before buying it.  The ones we've read several times I recognize, but those we've never read it's hard to recall.  Also, my children like to check out books that are part of series from the library, so sometimes we've read it, recently even, but don't own it. = )

We had chicken nuggets for lunch, hot out of the oven.

Then we celebrated the birthday boy with an oreo ice cream cake!  He got lots of Chuck E Cheese gift cards for his birthday (no really!)  He wants to take the kids there on a less treacherous weather day. = )


For dinner I had leftovers and made some mac and cheese for the kids and Billy.

It was a slow day "stuck" at home, but we never lost power and didn't have to travel anywhere.  I'm glad we were able to celebrate my favorite person all day long! = )

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment