21 January 2020

January 21st

Today we did not get above freezing, the expected high was 29F.  The main roads were good, but any roads that were not plowed in a timely manner are now just ice sheets with ruts on them. Ew.

This is the grand river as it cuts through the west side of Lansing.


After dropping my children at school, I came home to wait for our cleaning lady and the orkin guy.  I was working on the main body of Billy's cape when Sarah called.


She needed a ride from the airport where she was dropping off my mom's car.   From there we went to the thrift store for leather straps, and I found books for our Scooby Doo & Fairy collections.



I also bought a book that has been quite enjoyable to read so far.  When I got up from reading, this is how I found William watching his tablet (his legs were up on the side of the couch as I was pulling out my camera.


For dinner we had BBQ sandwiches.  They were a hit.  In fact, William scarfed down 2.5 of them!

After all the kids, Alice as the exception, were in bed, I was calling for Alice when poor Juliet started retching. = (  We set her up on the sick bed, and she fell back to sleep.  Here's hoping for a smooth night.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment