The expected high today was 36F. When we left Lansing (before dark) it was dry. By the time we made it up to Grand Rapids, it was snowing on us!
Emily's day (and mine) actually started at midnight. We got up, set up some space heaters in the girls room (that no one was sleeping in) and did our ablutions. Then it was time to knock out some chores. I started some laundry, we unloaded the dishwasher, made lunches for the day, I paid an online bill and blogged my second QR code label!
Once all of our duties were fulfilled we brought our snack kit (jolly ranchers, cotton candy, ring pops, cheese popcorn, dr. pepper (for me,) apple juice (for Emily) into the warmed room. Since we keep it at 61F at night, the room was very warm by contrast.
I felt bad for Emily, because I was dragging, even with the aid of caffeine, and she couldn't have any caffeine (including chocolate.) We watched some of the new Scooby Doo episodes, and sorted through the Legos. She put together all the people, while I sorted out some of the "useless" pieces that they add to the modern sets just to up their count. Anything that can only be placed on top, as in no connecting piece to build on, had to go. We didn't eat much of our 'party' food, I guess we just aren't hungry during that time of day. = )
Around 4:15 William woke up in panic thinking that we had left him, but him trying to sleep on the bed in a lit, noisy room was not happening, so I tucked him in with Billy.
At about 5am Emily and I finished up the Legos, the morning passed surprisingly fast, then cleaned up and headed out to buy donuts! By the time we got back, Avia was here, Billy and William were awake. We passed out donuts, and packed up poor William's. Fasting is much harder when you are around people eating their breakfast.
Everyone except for Juliet was awake when we left, and Avia was preparing to spend the day at our house, with a sick Grace.
We got on the road a little after 6:20, and I put on The Land Before Time for William and Emily to watch. Billy was driving, and the longer we were in the car, the harder it was for me to stay awake, and I kept having to rouse poor Emily.
As we pulled into Grand Rapids, the snow started coming down, and the sun wasn't yet up. We were early for William's 8am appointment, but the waiting room was open. We were a tired crew!
The first step was to weigh and measure William, then they applied some cream to numb the area they would be inserting the IV. After about 20 minutes we were brought back into his room. He was very brave for the IV, but still not happy.
Even after the sun came up, it was still snowing.
Once he was all settled in, with the movie, he was hungry but content.
At 9 am, it was *finally* time to head up to Emily's appointment!
Her room was in the same group of rooms where Grace had her sleep study! She was barely hanging on as the tech hooked her up! She had no problem falling asleep for the sleeping section of the test!
After her 20 minute nap, she had to wake up enough to do the flashing light test, but still keep her eyes closed!
She did awesome, and I don't think her entire process took longer than about 30 minutes!
We headed back to William's room to find him and Billy sleeping!
I snagged one of his discarded pillows, and tried to help Emily get comfortable enough on the bench to sleep, but she couldn't fall asleep again.
We were trying to be quiet, so she played on her tablet and I watched some Supernatural until the nurse came back in. William only had one blood draw left when he woke up!
He was a very happy boy to eat his rice krispie treat, and drink his apple juice. He was given a game to take home, and we were out of there! Some of the medicine they gave him made him sleepy and unsteady on his feet, so I held on to him as we headed out the car.
Since we don't have any Sonic's in Lansing (?!?) we went to the one just south of Grand Rapids. It was the first time we'd been in almost 3 years! I swear, it was a weekly staple in Texas, but not worth driving the hour to indulge.
Both William and Emily were asleep when we ordered, so we got them some kids meals to go, since Aunt Rocky was getting pizza for the other 3.
Emily and I had researched 'fun' things to do in Grand Rapids after their appointment, but none of us were in a condition to exert the energy needed to "go have fun." lol
We headed home, and though it felt late in the day, it was just after noon. ugh. William and Emily slept the entire drive home, but I set a goal to stay up and get my body back on a regular sleep schedule.
Since we were home so early, Avia headed out, and so the other three did not get something special from Aunt Rocky.
The nurse called after the Doctor reviewed William's results, to let us know that everything was normal! Both his growth hormones are acting normal, so we just need to push the protein! I am so relieved.
We aren't expecting Emily's results for another week or so.
********************
When I picked up Alice and Juliet, we headed to Wendy's to get their dinner.
I got an email from Alice's teacher that she was not wearing her shoes in school. After discussing this issue with her, we decided that her shoes must be too small. = ( I knew if I stopped moving that I would crash hard, so we made a trip to Target.
She was wearing a 5.5 last time I bought her shoes, so she tried on the size 6. She said it was too tight, and sure enough, her toe was pressed against the edge. So, she tried on a 6.5. She said it was tight, and yep, her toe was right at the edge. The 7s were perfect.
No wonder she wasn't wearing them at school, her shoes were 1.5 sizes too small! Oh, Alice. So, we discussed that if her shoes felt uncomfortable, she needed to tell me, so that we could get her some bigger shoes, but not wearing shoes in school was not appropriate.
I thought certainly it would be time for me to head to bed when we got home, but it was only 5:15. I had to putter around for 2 hours.
Grace and Juliet had their 100 day project to do, and they were sooooooooo excited to use the stamps that we have been 'saving' since Halloween!
After giving shots and giving Grace her medicine, it was finally 7pm, and I could go to bed!
Grace and Juliet had their 100 day project to do, and they were sooooooooo excited to use the stamps that we have been 'saving' since Halloween!
After giving shots and giving Grace her medicine, it was finally 7pm, and I could go to bed!
It was a looooooooong day, but at least we have some conclusion for William, and will have an answer (good or bad) for Emily soon.












No comments:
Post a Comment