29 June 2018

Almost, and The Last Day of School

The final two days of school were half days* and Thursday was our first summer MOPS meet up!  So, the twins and I dropped off the big kids,


went to play at the park with our friends.  Somehow I only took one picture,


Then the three of us ate lunch en route back to pick up our favorite grade schoolers!

I brought up the teacher gifts for them to present, to take some of the crazy out of the last day of school.  If I took one, I can't find the picture of the gifts. = 0  I made zipper pouches with embroidery of the kid's handwriting:




They sat in my gift pile for months, I can't believe I never snapped a picture!  Emily also gave her teacher some seeds & planters, for her garden.  William gave his teacher some of her favorite candy, and I've already forgotten the extra pieces for Alice's teacher. = /

That evening, Emily had a party to attend:



She had a fun time, and it was the first party that I'd ever dropped her off!  It was weird to be doing errands alone, but I don't think she missed me much. = )

*****************

And finally, we made it to the finish line.  On the last day we were in the car  and buckled two minutes before our 8:17 target!


 Alice and Emily were excited to pass out some sunny sunshine rings to their classmates!



William kept dropping his bag of rings. Once he lined up he seemed content to hold on to them, at least until we saw him off at the door. = )


It was sad to say goodbye that last day, we had such an awesome set of teachers & friends this year.

When we came home, Emily wanted to make a piñata for her friend, since she'd never had one.   The Texan in me did not buy chocolate to fill it**. = )  Emily put on almost all of the tissue cover by herself!


We were so happy to be finished with our rigorous school routine, with just a short week left until our camping trip!

later days

*despite knowing that it is for monetary reasons within the district, it still vexes me to have to get up two days for "half days" instead of simply going for one whole day.
**turned out this was a good call, as we got well into the 90s that day. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment