29 June 2018

First Grade Picnic and Pre-K Walking Field Trip

While all of my Texas friend were starting their summer vacations, we were still 3 weeks away from our holiday, which started mid-June.  We did have some fantastic weather for all of their outdoor events like field day, picnics and field trips though!

Emily's event was the first one that I was able to attend. Her picnic started in the morning and had a buffet type lunch for the entire first grade.  We walked over to the park across the street where they played games, took pictures and enjoyed the warm weather.





Lots of bottle flipping going on.




My mom had taken the twins so that I could attend Emily's event, but had not yet returned when I received a message from William's teacher that they would be joining the kindergarten classes on their walking field trip to the village ice cream shop.

I arrived before the classes did, so I had a milkshake to pass the time a little faster. Then my mom, Grace, and Juliet came by and enjoyed some ice cream too, while we waited on William.  He was surprised and happy to see us.  I was the only parent from his class, since it was a very last minute change, but he was excited to see us all.

Before:

After:


I broke out the baby wipes to help clean hands and faces. = ) The classes returned to the school, and it wasn't long before the three of us went up to collect all of our big kids!

It was a lovely day all the way around, but definitely kicked my summer-itis into high gear!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment