04 June 2018

Zoo Field Trip

Today William's class took a field trip to the zoo!  We weren't there for very long, but there were enough chaperones that I was only keeping track of two*!



And, I was super proud of William.  As we were pulling up to the zoo, he said "it says zoo!" I asked him how he knew, and was able to spell it back to me without looking! So, "zoo" is officially the first word I heard William read!


The feeding sticks were only $1, and so worth it!




William kept trying to tempt the green birds onto his stick, but the blue birds were more adventurous.


Posing by art was a favorite past time of these two:





William in front of the tiger.




Goofy boys:



They still had lots of energy when we were waiting for the bus:



At the park after lunch, William and another boy had a collision.  Poor William had a lesion on his eyelid, and enough swelling that he couldn't open it for a few minutes.  Fortunately, he recovered quickly with the aid of an ice pack and was able to enjoy the rest of our time at the park.


Once we returned back to the school, it was snack time, then they were going to have a nap.  In order to preserve bed time, I checked him out early, and we headed to the ice cream shop with a couple of his friends who also left early. = )


The day was a bit cool, but absolutely gorgeous by the afternoon!  I think William had a fun time, and it is always great to check out new places.

later days

*two five year olds  = )

No comments:

Post a Comment