William's end of year field trip was down to the Binder Park Zoo. I'd never been, so I was excited to join them for a fun day.
We woke up to thunder and pouring rain, but it managed to pass over and left us be the entire day! It was warm, and sometimes the trees would sprinkle us with residual rain droplets, but the weather treated us well.
The park is down in Battle Creek, which is about 45 minutes away. I only had two charges, William and his friend who has been with him for two years now!
Most of the zoo is a raised wooden platform through dense forest. The exhibits are large, many have multiple speices in them!
I don't know how the prairie dogs feel up here, their coats look much thicker than I remember from my time in Lubbock.
The zoo has a massive addition, so they provide a tram to carry visitors. It was quite a line when we arrived, and longer by the time we loaded. We almost missed William's window to feed the giraffes.
The path is fairly linear, so when you are walking with a group, it's likely that you'll stick with that group as you go.
My group preferred the younger giraffe to the adult.
The line was so long for the tram on the way back, and we needed to meet our group for lunch, so we walked it. They were both whiny, so we took a break at the tram station.
It was quite a walk out to the lunch pavillion, but we didn't miss lunch, in fact, we were some of the first to arrive.
After lunch, it was time to head back. Lots of the kindergartners crashed, including my favorite.
It was a good time, hopefully I'll be able to join the twins next year. And maybe, we can go down as a family this summer, so that we aren't rushing through the exhibits.
later days












No comments:
Post a Comment