16 February 2020

February 16th, Snow Hill @ Burchfield Park

Today we enjoyed temperatures all the way up to 40F!

After church, we were going to retrieve Alice, but she was eating lunch with my mom and her church ladies.  So, we stopped at Arby's for lunch first. Juliet "found" a heart shaped French fry.


From there we picked up Alice and headed to the park to sled.  Sadly, there was a two hour wait.  We opted to go hang out at the library and try again in two hours.

The kids all enjoyed playing, it was a pleasant enough way to 'waste' two hours.


Alice did Alice things.


William was so proud of his structure that he wanted to take some pictures!  This is one of four.


I got about halfway through a murder mystery book, only to find out tonight that my library doesn't have it, and it's $13 to buy the kindle version on Amazon. = (  I might have to make some time when the kids go back to school to finish it.


After the two hours, we went back and it was still a two hour wait.  So, we drove out to the park closer to us.  They weren't open when we tried to go last year, but this year they were!  They don't have the "magic carpet" so you have to pull up your tube on your own.  This was really tricky for the twins, and Billy and I wore out quick (especially since I fell on the ice on the way to the hill.) = (

But all five had fun, and the big three trudged up and slid down the entire two hours we were there!







Eventually I took the twins down to the smaller hill.  It was more manageable for them, and while they still needed my help, I only had to go about halfway down to help them bring up their rings.  They enjoyed this arrangement much more.  If we go again, we will bring our own, lighter, plastic sleds for them.



It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.  And not a bad way to kick off their break!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment