The actual highest temperature that we saw today was 35F. That was 2 degrees higher than the estimate, which was nice, since we spent approximately four hours outside at the Viking fest! We saw no precipitation, but lots of sunshine!
Before we left, Juliet dressed up like her doll, Blaire.
Alice tried to crash the photo.
We left around 9:15, stopping for breakfast at the Potterville McDonalds.
This year we opted to park across the street versus taking the shuttle, and I'm split on whether or not it was an improvement. We were not waiting in the cold for the bus, but it was muddy and snowy and busy in the park, plus we had to cross a busy street. We'll see how we feel next year, since both have their drawbacks.
They have improved so much since last year! This year there were four tents, a trailer ticket booth, more port-a-potty groups and food everywhere!
Everyone loved their capes! I wore mine for a short while, but having the backpack on my stomach was uncomfortable, so I switched to my coat fairly quickly.
Billy, Alice and I tried out the axe throwing. Alice was the only one who actually landed a 'stuck' axe!
Mine kind of stuck, then fell. This was before I lost my gloves. = (
William found the warm spot:
Each of our children had $10 to spend as they saw fit. William picked a hammer of Thor. He was happy to show off his skills. = )
Face painting was a little more themed this year.
Alice picked a fox tail, and was excited to show it off.
Emily passed on the face painting and sword fighting.
After three hours in the cold, we were all ready to go. = )
We stopped at Dairy queen for hotdogs and hamburgers, but my memory was faulty* and they don't serve hamburgers (or chicken tenders) at the Michigan Dairy Queens. = 0 So, we settled for some hot dogs and nachos, and then went to Wendy's for those who weren't yet fed.
After walking around in the snow (and mud) for hours, all of our cloaks needed a good washing. For the most part we just spent a relaxing evening home.
For dinner we had a crock pot beef, potato and carrot meal. It smelled divine when we walked in the door!
later days
*our first year up here my mom and I went to the Dairy Queen in Charlotte** for some chicken tenders and white gravy because I wanted a taste of home so bad, but all they had were hamburgers and hot dogs and lots and lots of ice cream. = (
**Because the other Dairy Queen I know of in Lansing closes for the winter season. It is strictly an ice cream place.





No comments:
Post a Comment