17 February 2020

February 17th

The expected high today was 37F.  It was windy enough that it didn't feel anywhere near that warm.

Avia came over this morning to help get everyone ready around 8:30.  We were heading out the door just after nine.  Our first stop was Sam's club for grocieries.

Once we left the store we headed to the movie theater to see Frozen 2.  Since it has been out for almost 2 months, they had to pose by the sonic advertisement instead. = )


Everyone enjoyed the movie.  And Avia and I even got to see the part that we missed when the power blinked out last year!

After the movie we went to pick up Sarah so that she could straighten out her library card situation.  I was going to run in with her, while Avia waited in the car, but the kid all wanted to come in too!  We told the kids 30 minutes, but once Sarah had everything straightened out, she decided to walk home.  Since my mom and I both had a book in hand, we stayed until 3/5 kids were ready to go.  Which was around an hour and a half after we arrived.



At home it was time to unload the groceries* in a brigade bucket style.  Everyone whined about the cold, but we got it knocked out.  Then Avia left and I put away the groceries and started dinner.   We had rotisserie chicken and potatoes, and Billy got to use one of his new Valentine sauces!

later days

*I do enjoy the delayed timing of unloading groceries during a northern winter.  It's the only thing about winter that I appreciate, so I try to really soak it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment