19 July 2023

A Couple of Crafts

This year, we enjoyed our murder mystery event so much in March, that I decided to throw a second murder mystery party at home!!  We opted for a fall date, with a 'monster' theme.  It's finally time to send out the invitations, and 'blood' splatter (food coloring) seemed to be in order. = )


Billy wanted to start bringing bagels for breakfast, and did not want to be responsible for bringing anything home.  So, I repurposed some bread/bagel/bun bags and my mom found some condiment cups in the recycling at church (and I found some more at a rummage sale later that week.)  So now he can throw out the bag and cup, and we are not adding any extra waste into the world!


One of the things Alice requested for her birthday was a country human (Russia) plush.  When I saw that on her list, I was excited, because I figured I could sew one for her!  I found a decent looking throw at a thrift store, and when I got it home, found out that it was leather!  The material was a dream to work with. 


I kept the edging, so that I wouldn't have to figure out what to make the trim from.


by using a corner piece, I was able to just add a single side strip and it looked 'finished.'


Emily cut the star out of an eyeglasses case that we purchased for the at purpose.  It came out super cute, and all of the kids (sans birthday girl) wanted me to make them one that would fit their head.  That may be easier, but the tight space of this one made it tricky to sew the earflaps in.


Got the flag stripes cut and connected!


Getting the proportions correct, and getting the ball to be round was trickier than anticipated.


The final step was to cut out some eyes.  We couldn't decide which expression he should have, so we went with interchangeable!


Sus...


Shocked!


Her birthday is still a month away, but I hope she really loves it!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment