poof!
Emily found a Jello mold for $.25 at a yard sale, and made us a 'fancy' Jello cake!
We added the unfancy ones from the day before and some sliced bananas to fill in the empty space. The overall effect was very pleasing!
I looked at the sign after she was mid ride, what a rebel!
Billy made up some tasty bbq chicken, which pairs so well with light summer fare!
On my walk back from dropping the big girls off at the bus (which has happened many days, but not every day) I saw a 'drop zone' of flowers from one of our neighbors trees.

Juliet really liked the Morse Code section she found in one of the puzzle books, so I found a website to translate English into Dits and dahs! She's gotten pretty fast, and recognizes most of the letters! She doesn't care much for the listening though, so I don't know how beneficial it will be for her.
I have a list of things I hope to accomplish each summer, and by waking up to take the big girls to the bus stop, I usually have some time before the little ones awaken to knock out something before managing the summer schedule. A few weeks ago it was wiping down the front porch siding.
Sometimes, the big girls bring home creations from their summer camp. These are the fairy gardens that they made. Alice's is the pink one and Emily's has the 7 ducks. (William is the one in the "hole.")
On another day, they brough home paper mache hot air balloons with a basket that they wove!
We went to an estate sale one day, and when the twins finished, Avia walked them over to a playground, while Emily and I finished our shopping.
We went to Oliveburger Fest with the Cornishes, and saw some interesting art...
....took some selfies...
...played some giant games...
...and of course ate some tasty oliveburgers!
We found an Anna wig at a rummage sale, so we had two princesses in the house! (Once the wig came out of quarantine, of course.)
Aunt Rocky bought everyone McDonalds on what would have been my Grandmother's 100th birthday!!
I scored 5 packs of 50% tenders at Aldi! I saw a video where someone used scissors to trim the meat, and it changed my life!!!!
Trimmed and ready for the freezer!
We bought a tiny Bingo game at an estate sale. We are all ready for Jellystone!
The piles of boxes in the mudroom finally drove me crazy, so our first free weekend, Emily got to have her sale and the twins got to set up their lemonade stand!
The stand came out really cute, considering they were all boxes from the takeaway pile at BJs! Grace and Juliet made up the sign weeks ago, and I helped print out a totally legible one for them to add to the front. I think they probably drank more lemonade than they sold!
We sorted and set up on a Friday afternoon, so she was open from 3-6, then the next morning from 9-12, but she wanted to go a little longer, and since the rain did not appear to be coming, she stayed open until 2.
At the end of the sale, we put everything on the curb for people to take for free!!! We got rid of quite a bit that way, but got a spirt of rain that had Emily and me scrambling to box everything and load it in my car. Thankfully it wasn't a hard rain, and we finished before the water really started coming down.
I bought a new container to set out cut fruit for the kids, and so far I'm really liking it! It always looks so pretty! (Sadly, that is not one of our cucumbers, yet...)
I love fresh bread, and made a loaf last week. It sits overnight, so I have to have two days during which I am willing to make it, which makes it a little trickier.
For fourth of July Alice made us some Firework pancakes!
And my mom brought over a platter of deviled eggs. These were the only ones left, and now they're gone too. = ) Billy grilled out a feast for us, with enough leftovers for the kids and Avia to eat on while we were gone, and they still didn't finish it all!
I took the rest of the bbq chicken and made it into Tikka Masala tonight, made PB&J hot dog buns for lunch, and we'll have hot dogs and beans to finish of the rest of the hot dogs tomorrow!
We still have some summer to look forward to, but August seems to be rushing at us full speed.
later days








































No comments:
Post a Comment