While most of the past few weeks have been chores, party prep, summer camp and gardening, we did a few other things that were worthy of pictures too!
One day, we lost power for two hours!!! It was hailing and storming for a short time but had long cleared by the time we had power again.
During the outage, Emily, William and Grace played Nerts with me! (William had already left the table by the time we took a picture.)
When the power went out, we were in line for getting Grace's prescription, but that's when the power went out! We saw the 'lightening' like flashes from when the tree branch struck the electrical wires.
When the power came back on, we got a notification that her prescription was now ready, but when we made the trip back by, they were still closed (I mean, how much can you really accomplish in a dark, hot shop?) So, I went back a fourth time, and finally got to start Grace's Swimmer's ear regimen!
William ended up at the dollar tree with me on many of my runs to complete my projects. He was a good companion for sure!
On the trip to our closest one, I also wanted to get some Hoisin Sauce from Bo Bo, who is next door.
Once inside, I asked him to help me find it. Halfway down the sauce aisle, William confusedly, and totally non-accusingly asked why I needed "Poison sauce." Oh, my sweet boy. We use it for dumplings and egg rolls. = )
We were invited to a party that took place yesterday, and I wasn't sure if we would be able to go, with our party being the night before (and I just can't leave my house in a sad state and have a good time.) But, luckily, were able to go and hand out with oodles of children and good company!
William really enjoyed the zip line!
I think my kids' favorite part was the silly string fight.
But Emily definitely lost. lol.
The twins also enjoyed the motorized car (that they pushed each other in, just like when they were little!)
The food was amazing, and our hosts were gracious as always! It was a fun time, and we were able to just walk home!!!
later days








No comments:
Post a Comment