30 July 2023

Garden: Still Mostly Squash!

We are still loving our garden, but really just collecting squash. lol.



So far, the favorite recipe that I've made, at least according to the kids, is roasted squash with parmesan!  I made a variation with squash, potatoes, onions and green beans for a party that we were invited to, and it came out really well too!


I've been refilling the 'free' wagon every few days, as neighbors take one or two (the easiest day to give it away is definitely on Farmer's Market Day!)

Even if it doesn't come inside, I still try to take a picture of the "heartvest" though!

I've found a working compost solution!  I've been clipping a grape bag (since it has drainage holes) on to the side of the trash can, and it's been very effective!  Now, I'll put in my tea leaves, and Billy's coffee grounds and that 'single orange peel' for which it was not worth pulling out the large compost bag at the back of the refrigerator!  If you are reading this, and happen to be nearby, I'll happily claim any grape bags from you!



The tomatoes are plentiful, I'm hoping that they will turn red soon!!!  One of the pumpkins is starting to turn orange, and we have a few good-looking cucumbers coming along. = )

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment