01 December 2019

Book Fair, At Home

My kids LOVE the book fair.  I too love the book fair.  Of course, my kids don't usually want a book from the book fair.  They like all of the other things: pencils, posters, diaries, toys, etc.  So, after this year's book fair at school, I started shopping around at a few thrift stores, yard sales. My mom also sent over a pile of her findings, so many, that I was able to stage an "at home" book fair for them. = )


When they came home from school, I gave them each an envelope with 10 monopoly (literally) dollars in it.  They were able to shop until they ran out of 'cash*.'




The best part, they were so excited to do their reading time that night!



This picture is my favorite, they look so staged! Just like an advertisement for a book fair.... ; )


I plan on collecting a few new titles, and then we'll do it again.

later days

*They almost bought me out, and really only read one (maybe 2) of the books they "bought." So, next time, I plan on giving them less to spend, or maybe up the prices so that they only buy what they'll read while they are still excited. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment