08 December 2019

November 11th Snow

Our first snow this year was on Halloween, but the first lasting snow came on William's birthday.  


Taking them to school was not too bad (but we live really close, so that was not a good gauge.)  The plows hadn't even come through, and it snowed all.day.long.


I had already placed my order with Sam's Club, all the way across town.  I probably would have cancelled, except that I had a friend counting on me to bring by her order.  So, I made the trip, and it took me over and hour and a half.


They had at least started to plow the parking lots on my return trip, but the only snow plow I saw clearing the roads was in my rearview mirror. = (


At home, after school pickup (and another couple of hours to drop of the groceries and drive home) Emily was happy to go back out and play in the precipitation.


For the rest of the week, we didn't see temperatures above freezing, so this is how it looked from my driveway.  But at least the roads were cleared off.


Thankfully, that is all we've seen so far.  But hopefully next time we can get a snow day out of it!

later days.

No comments:

Post a Comment