08 December 2019

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving break is one of my favorites!  We don't usually travel, Billy takes some time off, and we just get to hang out in our PJs and live slowly.

The day before Thanksgiving, I popped into the twins' class, and their sweet teacher had made them a pancake 'snack' to celebrate. = )



William wore his creation around for a couple of days too!


Grace practiced her sight words over the break (totally unprompted) and wanted me to send them to her teacher.


One of my projects weas to clean out clothes.  We got rid of a pile, but it never seems like enough.



For our meal this year we had Bob Evans and it did not disappoint!  Easy to heat up, tasty food, and easy clean up.  My mom came to join us, my sister just wanted leftovers. lol.


As we were setting up the Christmas decorations, Olaf came out of the box.  He is one of our outside displays, and the twins were enamored.  He's been with us for years, I got him at a white elephant MOPS party back in Houston!


Also, setting up this year was a smidge warmer, and so much easier. I labeled my boxes in the order of the lights!


And I marked how far down my extension cord I need to unravel!


This year's tree.


All of my children have taken turns with the wooden Nativity that my mom found (so that they would leave my display one alone.)





And Emily and Grace wrapped the first gift of the year!


We tried and failed, to make a gingerbread house.  According to the internet, I needed to use the recipe provided, not the cookie dough from the grocery store.  Who knew? ; )



So, with the rest of the gingerbread dough, we made cookies!


And more cookies!


Group photo in front of our tree!


Oh, and on Saturday, Billy and I toured our little town for Small Business Saturday.  We ate at the cafe, shopped the boutiques, stopped at the grocery store, and headed to the library to recycle some batteries.  It was a good time.


later days

No comments:

Post a Comment