16 March 2020

March 16th, Day 3 of Quarantine, Day1 of School at Home

The highest I saw today was 43F, it was cold but not very windy.  We did get an afternoon rain shower though.

After brushing hair and teeth, the kids were eating breakfast and hard at work before their usual school day would have even started.


The schedule helped, no one was asking me what else they had to do.  Timers are something we're going to have to work at.  I had several questions of "how long do you think I've been doing [this task]." lololololol (like I know.)  They'll get better though. And I only had to email the teachers once or twice!

Billy went in this morning, picked up his essential office supplies (computer, reference guide, etc.) and was home before 10.  He's now working from home too!

William had very itchy eyes this morning, and since both Billy and I had taken allergy medicine over the weekend, I gave him some allergy remedy.  It made his work slow, and transitioning painfully slow. He didn't finish his work until after dinner.

At noon I prepared to leave.  My chores were to run the recycling by Sarah's (she had a box of milk duds ready for me), pick up my Kroger click-list order (they were the busiest I've ever seen 5/6 slots filled!,) and go to my eye appointment (that I thankfully didn't have to drag the children to!)  I was gone just over 2 hours, and when I arrived home William was napping, poor boy. = (

For dinner we had crock-pot chicken in red wine with penne.  It was a big hit with everyone except for Billy.

After dinner Grace, Juliet and I watched about half of the Cincinnati Zoo's Hippo livestream (as a replay.)




Tomorrow we will hopefully all be better prepared. I've made a few adjustments to my schedule and now we've logged into each of the apps the kids are using once. = )

Thankfully the big girls' dentist appointment tomorrow has been rescheduled to a later date, so we don't have to venture out again until Monday (my next grocery run.)

later days

Edited 3/17/20:
I reviewed my Kroger order last night, and the only things that we were not able to get were strawberries = ( and a loaf of bread (thankfully we had some left from last week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment