31 March 2020

March 31st, 18th day of "Safer-at-Home", Day 12 of School at Home

The expected high today was 42F, which is awesome because it matches the day of March it is.  (not really, but man does this month feel like it's dragging along!)

Since Emily's appointment wasn't until after noon, we had plenty of time to knock out some homework this morning.  I waived all piano practice, because we did not have time for that.



Today was pretty tame, with the exception of Emily's appointment and subsequent zoom.

The kids are apparently not hungry unless I'm home... so they ate the strawberries, grapes and apples I left on the table and ? for lunch.

They all were excited about the freezer meals I picked up at Carl's today (since we were desperate for bread I made a second grocery run.) Billy had the mac and cheese I picked up for him too = )  So, that was a very late lunch morphed into dinner while they watched Barbie ninja?

The kids' group at church had a 'challenge' video with a cool science experiment in which most of mine partook!



A stink bug invaded, making some screaming and crying prevalent enough that Emily had to end her call with Cali.  We managed to extract him, but not without screams and tears. = 0

It was an early bedtime for the "I'm not tired" twins.  I think they panicked with Emily and me out of the house earlier in the day, and were extra tired.

Our governor has still not made an official decree on school closures. We are expecting an announcement Thursday. Right now Texas is officially out until May 5th.  In the history books "2 years" never seemed that long for resolutions, but let me tell you, living it 2 years might be an eternity.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment