The expected high today was only 43F. It was cloudy and cold all day, with a decent wind, so it felt much colder.
My day started poorly with standing water in my dishwasher. I called the warranty company, and they were able to send the tech out between one and five, today. what?what?
The kids got quite a bit of their work done before 10am, when I set William up on his Zoom call with his class.
I headed out the door to run the recycling by Sarah's and grab the groceries. Kroger was not nearly as busy as it's been, and I was there at the pick up with only one other car.
After that, I dropped some elastic from my stash in a bin at the high school. (They requested donations for the 3D masks they are printing for doctors and nurses.) I also dropped a small load at the food bank.
I made it back to get the twins logged in with their friends at noon. Juliet kept trying to chat with her BFF and was so sad that the call ended before they had time to chat.
For lunch the kids made some sandwiches and I fried up some yellow squash. yum!
Not long after the groceries were put away, the repair man came. The pump was broken. = ( He had a spare one on him, and by the time he left it was up and running! Yay repair guy!
I messaged back and forth with Kennedy's mom, so she and Juliet were able to zoom until my phone was about dead! = ) It was so cute, they were showing one another all of their special 'treasures.' Next time I will try to set her up on the gypsy again.
Emily wanted to go on a bike ride, so the two of us made a path around town. It was a chilly day, but we have enough hills that we were plenty warmed up by the time we made it home.
For dinner we had tacos, since they had tortillas this week (but no bread for us.)
Billy's Anniversary gift arrived. It was so apropos for this year, I couldn't resist!
Tonight we got word that it is very likely that the kids will not return to school (it is still not official, but everything is pointing that way.) They will all "move up" next fall with no conclusion to this year. = (
I am struggling with so many emotions. Right now, I'm just feeling robbed. I'm so sad that my 'golden' year ended so abruptly, and that Alice will never be in elementary again. Alice didn't get her send off, or fourth grade trip to the wildlife center. Emily missed out on a week long field trip to the capital to learn all about Michigan history, and she will never be able to make that up. William will not get to finish his year with the.best.teacher. And my twins, well, once again they will not get to finish a school year with their sweet, wonderful teacher. I will never have a kindergartner again. There was no move up day or chance to say goodbye.
I'm sad about missed opportunity, but still applaud the leadership doing what's best for the majority of the population.
Tomorrow is Emily's Grand Rapids appointment, but it's not until the afternoon, so we should have a normal morning.
later days



No comments:
Post a Comment