25 March 2020

March 25th, 12th Day of "Into Hiding We Must Go," Day 8 of School at Home

The expected high today is 56F.  Alice said she heard a bird twittering outside the window this morning.

Everyone worked hard today and we were handily finished by 3pm (even with tons of breaks and my leaving to run an errand!)


I tested out Zoom for our virtual MOPS meeting in the morning, and went to grab our 'spa pack' via a long dirt road detour.

I finally got around to making a rum cake, for which I've had the supplies since before Christmas!  It came out above my expectations.


Emily helped me make a dinner tonight, a recipe I saw a "15 second" video for this morning.  Most of us really liked it.  Billy and Alice were the only two who didn't go back for more.



I installed the bear in our window for 'bear sightings.'


But it looked too sad, so I squished his face up. = )



This should be okay until the tree blooms.  = )

It was a warm-ish day filled with some digital social time and long-term completed activities.  This day would not rate low at all. = )

later days

Bonus: A Juliet story!

Juliet (after finding a makeshift key to open the bathroom door while I'm in the shower): "mutti, why do you always lock the door while you shower?"
Me: "Because, it's the universal sign that you shouldn't come in."
J: "Well, I didn't see a sign."

No comments:

Post a Comment