18 March 2020

March 18th, "Staying Home, Staying Healthy" Day 5, Day 3 of School at Home

The expected high for today is 48F.  It is quite cloudy, and we are expecting rain this evening, but it isn't a gloomy cover this morning.

This morning the kids were a little slower getting started, but they were mostly hard at work by the time the school day began.

Emily's birthday package arrived from amazon.  She picked out some scrunchies that she shared with Juliet, who also grabbed the bubble wrap as a 'veil.'



I also received a surprise package of M*A*S*H DVDs from a friend. = )

Our recess alarms are set for 10:30 and 1:15 and the kids had a good time both breaks = )  The twins finished their work before the first recess!


For lunch we had BLTs at Alice's request.

And William kicked his day into high gear and might actually finish before dinner tonight! = )  He enjoyed watching a video of his teacher reading a story on youtube.


And Emily made some cards for Avia to send to her friends.


We had a BBQ beef sandwich dinner (with apples) a little ahead of our regular dinner time.  Alice watched a little of the Cincinnati Zoo home safari with me.  Today's animal was an ocelot!


Week one has been good so far.  I am enjoying having everyone home.  The kids enjoy "recess" time outside.  I'm thankful for the favorable* weather so far!

Our rations are holding up, and I've been working on my Sam's order for Monday (assuming society rules don't change between now and then.)  Even if I am able to make the run, I will have to supplement with a trip to either Kroger or Carl's since I'm not able to get bleach (I just opened my last bottle, and can't follow my pattern of ordering when I'm out) or eggs or vitamin D milk at Sam's as of today.

later days

*it hasn't rained or been bitterly cold

No comments:

Post a Comment