22 May 2020

22nd May, 70th Day of Quarantine, 43rd Day of School at Home

Today the high was a lower 64F than yesterday, and it was a chilly rainy spring morning.

I pushed William through his to-do list quickly.  Thankfully Friday is a catch-up day in his class, so he only had a tiny bit of math, piano and reading to knock out before his appointment.

At his 7 year check up, he had a 7 degree spine curve, so we had to go in for his 6 month scoliosis check.


The doctors are currently seeing patients outside, to help prevent contamination.  It as sprinkling during his appointment, thankfully they could hide under the cover of the back lift gate.


So, his spine has progressed into a 9 degree curve, which is sad, so we will continue on the 6 month check pattern.  His next one will be at his 8 year check up.  With his history of bone issues, this is not something that surprises her, and we will just continue to keep an eye on it.

I did have a moment of panic when the nurse weighed him at 9lbs less than our previous visit (that's a 25% decrease in weight!)  The doctor reweighed him, this time on a level surface, and he actually gained 5lbs since his last visit just a few months ago!  This is awesome and means that the protein shakes are doing their job. = )

When we got home, William was trying to find the tree that he had seen a the doctor's office in our new field guide!


Also, I got in the first wave of books that I ordered!


I put them all on our book trolley!  Our second trolley arrived, and Juliet helped me put it together.


I unenthusiastically completed the course I had started for my Teaching certificate.  The lesson itself wasn't bad, but since I didn't get to get started on it until after noon, most of my motivation was evaporated.

I also finished the 5 day series for the introduction to the kids' homeschool in the fall.  I watched this with slightly more vigor, but should have watched it earlier in the day, since I was so spent.

For dinner we enjoyed pizza from our local place, and watched Kim Possible as a nice end of day activity.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment