07 May 2020

May 7th, 55th Day of Quarantine, 32nd Day of School at Home

The high today was 62F. It was sunny with a cool wind blowing in the awful weather that we are expected to have this weekend.

I did not sleep well with the prospect of a decrepit sump pump in the basement, imagining a flood each time my mind wandered to the basement.

Thankfully, the basement did not flood overnight, so Billy was just fighting a small puddle, not working in a completely flooded area. Grace was the first one up, and the only one I saw before going to Menards for supplies for Billy to replace the sump pump.

It was not terribly busy and I was able to get everything I needed. It's so weird seeing everyone in masks. I haven't been out much, so this was the first time since the order has gone into effect that I've been inside of a building.

Billy worked on replacing the pump during his lunch break, while I got the kids back on track. They had done most of their work in my absence!




Today was also delivery day for the medication, and I made it back from the store before the FedEx truck came. In between twin assignments, I worked on putting all of the components or their shots away in their various homes.

I ended up making a second trip to Menard's after one of the pipes Billy needed split during cutting. I had to take the box back to FedEx for recycling anyhow, so I just combine the trips.

Menard's was sooooooooo busy this afternoon. I guess I don't ever go in the afternoon, so I don't know what the lines usually look like. They had four registers going, and at least 8 people in each line! I had, much to my chagrin, forgotten to use my rebate in the morning, so this did give me an opportunity to redeem it.

Once Billy had the new pipe, I didn't take him long to finish the repair. Our trashcan is full, again, this week with all the project trash from the week. But we have a new (shiny) sump pump that will hopefully last us a nice long time.



For dinner William helped me make up some barbeque sandwiches and apples.

After meeting with the other parents and teacher of Alice's class, I went out to bring in our porch plants that have just started growing. We are expecting to freeze at night for the next several days.

But, we had two boxes from Sam's (mostly for our substitute Great Wolf Lodge day) and a surprise from my busy mom's group! Not one, but two bottles to enjoy this weekend. = )


After more trips out this week than I've done in a long time, I am ready for Friday to finish up and have a nice slow weekend!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment