16 May 2020

May 16th, 64th Day of Quarantine

The high today was 66F.

I woke up as the sun peeked over the horizon, at 5am.  I spent a while trying to reclaim my slumber, but at 7am decided to start the day.

I had a long to-do list, and knocked a good portion of it out before my children joined me downstairs!

I called the hospital tech hotline to get all of my children registered for their virtual appointment.  I called the warranty people about a 'sound' the refrigerator was making.  We fixed it over the phone (for now!)  I paid some bills.  I started to research the stack of books for the kids next year.  I ran some laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, made some breakfast and stored things away in the basement.

Once everyone was awake, I went on a hunt for some of the books in the free little libraries in the front of the schools in the district.

Starting with the kids' school made me particularly sad, as Alice will never return to that building as a student, and neither will Emily. = (

Despite checking 6+ boxes, I did not find anything from the list, but I did pick out some fun titles to add to our collection! = )

Since I had exhausted my cheap options, I headed home to order books.  I bought everything for both age groups (A/E & W/G/J) for the morning work and first term.  It was a tedious process, checking links, looking at freebies, digital versions, and physical copies on multiples sites.

I had to pause my searches to prepare Bueno Nachos for lunch, but then it was back to the search. Now I have a pile of books headed my way and a few downloads in my kindle queue.

Billy checked the weather and told me that we are expecting rain for the next several days. So, that meant that today had to be my lawn mowing day.

I enjoy riding around on my little lawn tractor once I actually mount it, but psyching myself up to get out there takes some doing. The rain clouds held off until I finished!

The requests for food came minutes after I came back in, so before I showered, I set everyone up.

Finishing another load of laundry, unloading the dishwasher, prepping shots, and catching upon  blogging were on the agenda before dinner.

For dinner it was a hodgepodge of leftovers.  Dessert was also sporadically offered.

Billy, Emily and I played a round of pandemic.  This time we won!


After an early morning, I am ready for bed!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment