The high today was a lovely 71F!
On Fridays, it is mostly a catch-up day for the kids school work. Since we've been able to complete assignments each day, this means it is an easy day for my dear ones. Also, I eliminated piano practice, so that getting out the door would not be as stressful.
It has also been 6 weeks since the stuffed animals were banished to quarantine in the basement, and today was release day! Alice drug her feet, so we did not release them all before the trip, but William worked so quickly and diligently that I allowed him to pull out his favorite before we left.
Emily and I needed to leave around 10am, so I prepared Alice as well as I could for her 1:30 meeting. We finally got a webcam that is a plug and play into their computers. It is amazing. Their computers can run the virtual meetings soooooo much better than the old little laptop.
It rained on us most of the trip to Grand Rapids. We saw some interesting sights, like a trailer that had come off of a semi and an ambulance in the median. There is construction in Grand Rapids, so our exit had a detour. Luckily we were running a little bit early, so we arrived on time.
You can read about Emily's appointment here.
When we arrived home it was pretty late, and almost time for dinner.
Alice made ravioli with alfredo sauce for dinner. Everyone thought it was pretty tasty except for her (and me, but I don't care for pasta or alfredo.)
After dinner, Billy and I played some games that came in my MOPS date night bag. Emily invited herself, and we had some fun conversations and a few giggles. = )
After our games I called my mom, to get her advice before purchasing the homeschool curriculum for next year. She gave me the confidence to go ahead and buy it! So, it looks like we will be a home schooling family come August!
Once I finished my online things for the evening, we bought the new Scooby Doo movie, Scoob!
We paused it, frequently, but it was really cute and we all enjoyed it. = )
It was a full, busy day, and our late bedtime was very welcomed!
later days



No comments:
Post a Comment