10 May 2020

May 10th, 58th Day of Quarantine, Mother's Day

The expected high today is 56F.  There is also rain in the forecast, though it's just overcast now.

When I came downstairs to watch church this morning, I wasn't even allowed in the kitchen, since my children were working on 'things.'  = )

They brought me a lovely computer-side breakfast while I watched the 9am service.  Alice made my tea, and made it just the way I like it.  Emily cooked me up a sunny side up egg.  And I think Alice must have buttered my toast, because it was very buttery.


Emily made up several Mother's Day "coloring sheets" so that everyone could color one for me as they got up.  Grace and Juliet were the only ones who actually finished theirs, so they will go in my storage bin. = )

My plants are hanging out in the bathroom, because we are still hitting freezing temperatures at night. = (


For lunch Billy ordered Texas Roadhouse for us, and McDonald's for the kids.


We went by the church, since they had a sweet mother's day package drive through.  The package had lots of tasty treats, a Biggby gift cart, and a pretty carnation.



And, as a bonus mother's day gift, our sink drain became stuck in the 'hold' position. So, after lunch Billy had to take apart the pipes to fix it.


He did get it unstuck, without breaking the sink! yay! and we added in some WD-40 to help it not re-stick.  We'll see how long that lasts.

For dinner I let the kids feed themselves.  Some reheated leftovers, others made a bowl of ceareal.  I told them to eat enough that they don't go to bed hungry. = )

I did some more searching for homeschool curriculum.  I've got quite a list going, and now some personal recommendations to consider too.

We have a dentist appointment on the calendar for the big girls tomorrow, and I'm unsure whether or not it is still on their calendar.  I for sure have a Kroger appointment though.  So, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment