01 May 2020

May 1st, 49th Day of Quarantine, School at Home, Day 28

The temperature climbed all the way to a warm, sunny 70F today!  The pretty day was just beckoning us, so it was tough to work on school work with fervor.

As a fun challenge this morning, kids built balloon powered Lego cars to race.  Eventually we did have to get back to work though!



We muddled through, and Alice, Grace and Juliet managed to attend the online meetings with their class today!

The principal sent out a link for this kids to participate in 'mileage club' with their school. They were excited, so I measured a few paths for them, so that they could track their progress!  Then, we put up a place for them to keep their record.  Emily and William both completed their first mile on the first day!


Once school finished up, I mowed the lawn for the first time this season! My mower ran like a champ!  The grass wasn't quite as tall as I usually let it get, but we are expecting record cold temps (again) next week!  So, by the time it has grown all weekend and Monday (since Monday is my grocery day) it would be too long!

For dinner I called in an order to the Ice Cream Shop!  Since it was such a nice day I walked it, and the river was so still!


They have the parking lot roped and marked for people.  They were pretty busy for 4:30.  There were two people in front of me, and two people coming up after me!  I didn't have much of a wait at all though. = )


After dinner, since they lifted the burn ban for recreational fires, we finally burned all the winter brush that I'd collected!  We used our giant pile of cardboard as kindling, killing two birds with one stone.

Emily was mostly in charge of the poker,


but Grace wanted a turn too!


It's nice to have the pile burned down.  Tomorrow I need to shovel out the ash.


Once the fire died out, we came back in.  Billy and I watched the Do-Over on Netflix.  It's an Adam Sandler movie, not too bad.  We also watched the first episode of Outlander, since it's been on my list for a while.  It was good, but I feel like I have to be in a weird mood to watch something that serious.

We went to bed a little late, but still reasonable.

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment