The expected high today was a chilly, sunny 57F.
I rushed the kids through their assignments so that I could get to the grocery store and get most things put away before Alice's meeting with her teacher.
Grace, Juliet and Alice all finished before I was due to leave, so they came with me. I actually made it during my window this week! We dropped the recycling at Sarah's (in addition to collecting a few things that she left out for us,) got gas and did a porch drop for one of my friends.
We were on a time crunch since Alice had a meeting set up with her teacher at 1pm.
Emily saw a video that supposedly made a "cake" using oreos and milk. So, when I brought home the oreos yesterday, she tried it out. Much to my surprise, it worked! She crushed up 4 oreos, added a couple of tablespoons of milk to make a paste, then microwaved it for 30 seconds. It did come out as a cake like concoction. She said it tasted more like a brownie to her.
For dinner I pulled a fancy recipe from the kroger website. It called for lots of tasty things that we don't eat often enough like asparagus, quinoa and kale. I did have to make a second stop at Carl's = ( for the feta cheese, since it was the only thing kroger did not have. (I left Alice in charge in the car and ran in alone.)
I thought it was quite tasty, and Grace also liked it. Alice enjoyed the asparagus, and everyone liked the bacon. Well, not Billy. Billy did not much care for this meal at all. So, I probably won't be making it again anytime soon.
And, I further researched homeschooling options for the kids in the fall. I'm torn between Easy Peasy (a program that I think would fully meet my homeschooling ideal) and a paid subscription service called time for learning. It's within our budget easily, but I don't know how well the kids would like it. Since it's all online, it's a lot like what we are doing now.
There are also some programs that would have a heavy upfront cost, but if we were able to pass down Alice's curriculum year to year, it would be totally worth it. It's a lot to consider, and without knowing the district's plan for the fall, it's been a little harder for me to fully commit to anything.
It got late fast after that, and so we rushed to bed after a very busy day.
later days


No comments:
Post a Comment