24 May 2020

May 24th, 72nd Day of Quarantine

The high today was a beautiful sunny 86F!

We enjoyed the 9am service this morning, followed by the kids sermon at 10:30.  The kids enjoyed the packets from my mom's church.  The twins made a parade once they finished their banners.


I tried out a new plant identifying app, and it is pretty cool!  I think we will do our best with the field guides, and use them until we get stumped. = )

Emily and Grace set up the slip and slide, and today was supposed to be our first "go outside and play so that you are tired on Sunday night" but it was a weekend.  I was going to skip it, but decided to enforce it.  I was glad I did, as all 5 of them ended up in swimsuits, playing in the water. = )

I spent a good portion of the day on the front porch previewing and notating our nature studies book for this fall.  I made a list of things that I need to acquire.  I also tracked down things that I thought we might still have, if they survived my konmari a few years back. = )  Once of the things was a brick.  I had found several partial bricks in part of the 'wild' in our back yard, but could not picture a full brick.  After scouring the basement with a flash


I also decided that the kids could start working in their nature journals this summer as part of their daily summer chart.

Billy sat out there with me and worked on engineering things on his laptop.
Once I finished with the nature studies, I pulled out the since list, and gathered anything that we already had.  I made a list of the recycling we will need to keep, and the items we might be able to get a dollar tree.  There are a few items that a thrift store would be my go-to, but I have no clue when those will be opening back up. = /  And once they do, I don't know if I will go.  Certainly not with all 5 kids.

For dinner I heated up whatever leftovers I could find, no one seemed particularly hungry after a day of snacking.

I don't know how Billy managed to keep going all day, but it is time for bed and he is still out there working!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment