29 May 2020

29th May, 77th Day of Quarantine, 47th Day of School at Home

The high today was 69F, but it was a very rainy morning and a very chilly day.

The kids had some small tasks to knock out in their google classrooms, but it was a pretty easy morning.

I took out three big projects (and of course the usual chores.)

The first thing I finished was assembling teacher gifts!  Since thrift stores, garage sales, and leisure shopping have been non-existent the last few months, I put in only what I had already gathered for them before the lock down.

I had each child draw a picture to present, and of course the staple embroidered handwriting zipper pouch. = )

All tagged and ready to go! I plan on dropping them off when we return library books and pick up 'leftover' supplies.


My second task was to make "not wolf lodge" shirts for the kids to color when we celebrate "not going" to great wolf lodge. = (  I'm doing everything I can to make it a memorable at home experience.

When I bought the markers and the iron on vinyl (back in February) I was planning on making matching shirts that we could wear on our trip.  And one of the 'in room' activities was going to be coloring them.  = (

I was impressed with how easy it was to cut, weed & iron this vinyl!  Hopefully it stays put for more than just the initial day of wear.  The shirts are still from the box my mom scored at a thrift store years ago.



And, the most exciting of accomplishments: I finished my 150 continuing education hours to renew my texas teaching license (in 2023.)  I'm so happy to not have this hanging over my head any longer!  I'm actually at 162 (and 172 if you count the lesson that hasn't yet been graded!)  Whew.

It was also a mowing day, since Sarah came last Thursday, and it turned into a sunny day, despite the cold, wet morning.

For dinner we had tortellini alfredo and strawberries. = )

We finished the day with Kim Possible and Bueno Nachos.


It was a productive day, and I am glad to have so many tasks off my long term to do list!

later days

No comments:

Post a Comment